Some Roblox problems are more difficult to solve than others, but they can all be equally confusing for someone who doesn’t have much experience on the platform.
Whether you’re encountering an error that makes your game crash or one that prevents you from joining a server, the final result is being unable to play worry-free, and that requires urgent attention.
In this guide, we’ll cover the 106 Roblox error, one of the more uncommon problems reported by users, but also relatively easy to fix with the right methods.
Keep on reading to learn more.
Table of ContentsShow
The Problem Explained
Although there’s not much coverage for the 106 Roblox error, especially compared to some of the more common ones reported by users, we do know exactly what’s causing it and how to fix it.
The 106 Roblox error occurs on Xbox due to one of the latest changes made by the developers on the Xbox One version of the game. This change made it impossible for the user to join a friend’s game without having them on both their Xbox and Roblox friend lists.
To simplify, the 106 Roblox error occurs when the player tries to join the game of a friend who’s not on both their Xbox One and Roblox friends list.
This error could trigger in some of the following scenarios:
- The friend you’re trying to join is only in one of the two required friend lists.
- The servers responsible for the friend list information are currently down, therefore the game thinks you don’t have the person you’re trying to join in your friend list.
- The person you’re trying to join has recently removed you from one of the two required friend lists, either accidentally or on purpose.
With that said, the only fix for this problem is to ensure that the person you’re trying to join is both on your Xbox One and Roblox friend lists.
Check the next section to learn how to do that.
Fix: Add Your Friend To The Built-In Friends List
As already mentioned above, the 106 Roblox error is very easy to fix, and the only thing required by the user is to ensure the person they’re trying to play with is added to both their Xbox One and Roblox friend lists.
Here’s how to do that:
- Open the Roblox website on your computer in your browser of choice, or through your console’s browser or mobile device.
- Log into your account if you’re not already logged in.
- Add your friend to the friend list and ask them to do the same.
- Log into your Xbox One account and add your friend to that friend list as well.
- Restart the game if it was already running while you were making these changes.
Once you restart your game, try joining your friend’s server. It should now work without the 106 Roblox error appearing.
Reminder: A few users mentioned they needed to sign in again to their Xbox One and Roblox accounts following adjustments to their friend lists in order to play together.
With that said, that’s everything you need to know about the Roblox 106 error code, an issue that isn’t quite common but can be frustrating to deal with if you don’t know its cause.
Hopefully, this easy technique will assist you in regaining the opportunity to play with your friends following the recent alteration in Roblox that now requires players to add one another on their friend lists before joining each other’s games.