Discord is the perfect platform to get together with your friends, classmates, or teammates to talk about any topic or relax and game together.
However, it’s understandable if, at times, you want to play or study on your own and you don’t want anyone else bothering you. To stop others from spamming you with DMs, links, and invites, it is best to turn off Discord completely.
But, that prevents you from using the application completely. Instead, you can just set your profile to appear offline.
Use this guide to learn exactly how you can do that.
How To Appear Offline
To appear offline or invisible on Discord you need to follow these steps:
- Head on over to any server
- Hover over and click your profile picture
- Select Invisible
That is all you have to do. You will now appear offline to all of your friends or members in servers.
Other Status Options
It’s good to know that you don’t have to go completely invisible to stop people from spamming you! Here’s a handy selection of the status options you can use to indicate to others that you are busy:
- Online – This is the default status option when you log into Discord. Everyone can see that you are online and available.
- Idle – The Idle status option tells other users that you are away from your keyboard and unable to respond. Discord also automatically moves your status to Idle after 10-15 minutes.
- Do Not Disturb – By setting your status to Do Not Disturb, every single notification related to Discord will be muted, including desktop notifications.
- Invisible – The last option is to stay invisible, which we have already covered. Making you appear offline.