Discord is the perfect platform to link up with your friends or meet new players for gaming sessions.
Unfortunately, not everyone will be friendly and you might meet users who are toxic and start harassing you. The best course of action is to simply block these users and never see their messages again.
Here is how you can quickly and easily block someone on Discord:
Table of ContentsShow
How To Block Someone
There are multiple ways to block a user on Discord:
Blocking A Friend
To block a Discord user that you have added as a friend, follow these steps:
- Go to Home (top-left corner)
- Select the Friends tab and find the person you want to block
- Open up the chat and click on Block
Alternatively, you can right-click their name and select block.
Blocking A Server Member
If you are spammed by a random user or don’t want to see their messages on a server, you can easily block them by doing this:
- Find one of the user’s messages on the server
- Right-click their avatar
- Select Block
If the user doesn’t have any messages on the server, search for them in the member list on the right side of your screen and block them from there.
Once you have blocked a user, you won’t see their messages anymore unless you click on Show Message.
How To Unblock Someone
You might have blocked someone by mistake or have had a change of heart. If you want to continue communicating with a blocked user, you need to unblock them. Here is how you can do that:
- Go to Home, then to the Friends tab
- From Friends, select the Blocked tab
- This tab will display all the users you currently have blocked
- Right-click their avatar and select Unblock
It’s that easy to block and unblock other users. With this knowledge, you can have far greater control over who can and cannot message you on Discord.