Most of us gamers have a nickname, a username that we use throughout all platforms. Whether it is MMORPGs, shooters, table-top games, or platforms such as Discord, we tend to stick to these unique nicknames.
However, if for any reason you want to keep yourself anonymous on Discord or if you just want to prank your friends, you can always change your name. But, to make yourself even more mysterious, you can make your name be completely invisible.
There are multiple ways you can change your nickname on Discord, but to make it invisible, only two methods work. We’ll list the steps you’ll need to follow to do that.
Table of ContentsShow
To (semi) permanently make your name invisible for everyone, you will need to change your account’s username. Here’s how you can do that:
- Start Discord and open User Settings.
- Here, My Account should be selected by default. If it isn’t, select it.
- Look for your Username and click the Edit button next to it.
- Here, you will need to edit the username with the right character. Usually, the invisible Em and En Space characters work for most programs. But, to make this trick work on Discord, use Ctrl+C on the symbol listed below to copy it. Alternatively, search for invisible characters/symbols online.
Note that you simply need to copy the blank space after the colon in the above box. The symbol will be copied, don’t worry. Here’s a GIF where we show you how it looks:
With this symbol now copied to your clipboard, go back to Discord, paste it under Username and click Done.
Note: Don’t forget to input your password.
With that done, your username should now be invisible to all of your friends and all server members.
Changing Server Nickname
However, if you do not want to commit too much to this trick and you want to preserve your original nickname, there is a way to change a nickname in a server. This new invisible nickname will only change for that specific server.
- Start Discord and enter any server (the server where you would like your nickname to be invisible).
- Enter any voice channel, right-click your name, and select Edit Server Profile.
- Put that same symbol under Nickname and click Save.
After saving, your nickname should be completely hidden from all server members.
Keep in mind, if users click on your profile they can still see your real username. So, if you want to be completely hidden, we recommend you to use the previous method.