The majority of us gamers have a nickname, a username that we identify ourselves with across all our platforms. Whether playing MMORPGs, shooters, tabletop games, or chatting on platforms such as Discord, we tend to stick to these unique nicknames.
If, for any reason, you want to remain anonymous on Discord or you simply want to prank your friends, you can always change your name. However, to make yourself even more mysterious, you can alter your name to be completely invisible.
There are multiple ways to change your nickname on Discord, but to make it invisible, only two methods will work. We will describe the steps you need to follow to do that.
Table of ContentsShow
To (semi) permanently make your name invisible to other users, you will need to change your account’s username. Here’s how you can do that:
- Start Discord and open User Settings.
- My Account should be selected by default. If it isn’t, select it.
- Look for your Username and click the Edit button next to it.
- Here, you will need to edit the username with the appropriate character. The invisible Em and En Space characters work for most programs. To make this trick work on Discord, use Ctrl+C on the symbol listed below to copy it. Alternatively, you can search for other invisible characters/symbols online.
You simply need to duplicate the empty area after the colon in the above box. Don’t fret, the symbol will be duplicated. Here’s a GIF to demonstrate what you need to do:
With this symbol copied to your clipboard, return to Discord, paste it under Username and click Done.
Reminder: Remember to input your password.
With that done, your username should now be invisible to all your friends and fellow server members.
Changing Server Nickname
In case you’re not interested in trying this method and prefer keeping your old nickname, there’s a technique to switch your nickname within the server. This fresh hidden nickname will be for that exact server only.
- Start Discord and enter a server (the server where you want your nickname to be invisible).
- Enter any channel, right-click your name, and select Edit Server Profile.
- Enter that same symbol under Nickname and click Save.
After you save, your nickname should be completely hidden from all other server members.
Keep in mind that if users click on your profile, they can still see your real username. If you want to be completely hidden, we recommend using the previous method.