Did you know that you can add video games to Discord?
This feature is intended to help users enjoy easier access to streaming and to share their current activities with others. Note that some games will be added by default while others need to be added manually.
We aren’t here to talk about adding games. Instead, we want to tell you how you can change the name of a game on Discord.
You can do this as a joke to trick your friends or fellow server members into thinking you are playing a different game. In fact, you can change the name of any application or game to any other name you want.
Table of ContentsShow
Changing A Game’s Name
To change the name of a video game or any other application, it will first need to be added to your Discord Library. Here is how you can check that:
- Open Discord and head into User Settings.
- In the left-side panel, under Activity Settings, select Activity Status.
If Discord detects the game:
Click on the game name, remove it, then replace it with anything you want.
If Discord does not detect the game:
- Click on the blue link button titled “Add it!“
- This will open a list of all windows currently running on your system. Choose the appropriate window (game).
- Once you’ve added the game to your Discord library, click on the game name and change it.
The name of the game will now be changed, and your friends should be able to see the newly added name.
Here’s our example:
Our Discord profile shows that Apex Legends is running while, in reality, this is only the Google Chrome browser, and we changed its name. People would never figure it out.