Did you know that you can add video games to Discord?
The purpose of this feature is to help users have easier access to streaming and to share their current activity with other members. Note that some games are added by default while others need to be added manually.
But, we are not here to talk about that. Instead, we want to tell you how you can change the name of a game on Discord.
You can do this as a joke to trick your friends or server mates into thinking you are playing a different game. In fact, you can change the name of any application or game to anything you want.
Table of ContentsShow
Changing A Game’s Name
To change the name of a video game or any application, first, it will need to be added to the Discord Library. Here is how you can check that:
- Open Discord and head into User Settings.
- On the left-side panel, under Activity Settings, select Activity Status.
If Discord detects the game:
Click on the game name, remove it and then add anything you want.
If Discord does not detect the game:
- Click on the blue link button “Add it!”.
- This will open a list of all windows currently running on your system. Choose the right window (game).
- Once you’ve added the game to your Discord library, click on the game name and change it.
The name of the game should now be changed and all of your friends should be able to see that newly added name.
Here’s our example:
Our Discord profile is showing that Apex Legends is running while in fact this is only Google Chrome browser and we just changed its name. People would never figure it out.