Are you aware that it’s possible to include video games on Discord?
This feature aims to assist users in gaining simpler entry to streaming and in exchanging their present actions with others. Keep in mind that certain games will be included automatically whereas certain games will require manual inclusion.
We aren’t here to talk about adding games. Instead, we want to tell you how you can change the name of a game on Discord.
You can play a prank on your friends or server members by pretending to be playing a different game. You are able to modify the name of an application or game to any desired name.
Table of ContentsShow
Changing A Game’s Name
To change the name of a video game or any other application, it will first need to be added to your Discord Library. Here is how you can check that:
- Open Discord and head into User Settings.
- In the left-side panel, under Activity Settings, select Activity Status.
If Discord detects the game:
Click on the game name, remove it, then replace it with anything you want.
If Discord does not detect the game:
- Click on the blue link button titled “Add it!“
- This will open a list of all windows currently running on your system. Choose the appropriate window (game).
- Once you’ve added the game to your Discord library, click on the game name and change it.
The name of the game will now be changed, and your friends should be able to see the newly added name.
Here’s our example:
Our Discord profile shows that Apex Legends is running while, actually, this is only the Google Chrome browser, and we altered its name. People would never figure it out.