Making a spectacular play during a gameplay session or having one of your followers say something hilarious in chat are some of the best feelings a Twitch streamer can experience.
These things happen every once in a while, and when they do, clipping is a must.
Millions of Twitch users would agree that clips are the foundation of a channel. It’s the type of entertainment that enriches its history. Some are so valuable that not downloading them is considered a “streamer sin.” So you might want to start using clips!
If you’re looking to learn how to download clips from Twitch, the guide below has all the methods you need.
Method 1: Downloading Your Own Clips
To download clips that you’ve created, follow the steps below.
- Open Twitch.tv and sign in to your account.
- Click on your avatar in the top-right corner and select Creator Dashboard.
- While in the dashboard, select Content and then click on Clips.
- Click on the clip you wish to download and select the arrow pointing upwards that says “Share,” then click on the arrow pointing downwards that says “Download.”
- The clip will now download in a .mp4 format, and you can store it anywhere on your PC.
That’s it for downloading clips that you’ve created. If you’d like to download a clip that someone else made from a channel that’s not yours, the procedure is slightly different. But nothing too complicated!
Check the next section for more information on that.
Method 2: Downloading Clips That Aren’t Yours
You’ll require a third-party website to download clips that someone else created. Of course, there are many available out there, but the simplest and most beginner-friendly one has to be Clipr.
Even though the website is pretty straightforward, you can follow the exact steps listed below to download a clip without any issues along the way.
- Open Twitch.tv on your browser and find a clip you want to download.
- Open the clip in a different tab on your browser and copy the URL.
- Load up Clipr on your browser if you haven’t already. Paste the URL of the clip inside the field.
- Click on “Get Download Link” and wait a few seconds for the processing to finish.
- Finally, click the download button to save the clip as a .mp4 file on your System.
Now you’ve successfully downloaded a Twitch clip on your PC. Feel free to store it anywhere you think is safe enough.
If you wish to repeat the same process with more clips, follow the same steps.
Method 3: Downloading Clips Using A Chrome Extension
For some users, especially those who download multiple clips per day, the method listed above is not convenient.
They’d have to open a website and paste links each time, and although you can do this quickly by using bookmarks, it’s just not speedy enough for some.
Thankfully, there’s an even quicker method for those looking to download in a split second and multiple times per day.
The tool used in this method is called Twitch Clip Downloader. It’s a Chrome extension you can add to your browser in less than a few minutes. Then, downloading clips will become so much easier.
Follow the steps below to learn how to do it.
- Open a regular (non-incognito) tab on Chrome.
- Download the extension and activate it on your browser.
- Now you’ll notice that upon opening the Twitch Clips page, there’s a new button for downloading clips.
- You can now download clips on the go without having to visit other websites besides Twitch.
This is the simplest and quickest method, and many users prefer it. It should work flawlessly for you as well. Also, using Chrome extensions on Twitch is safe.
Reasons To Download Clips Instead Of Keeping Them On Twitch
If you are a new Twitch user, you’re probably asking yourself why someone should bother downloading a clip instead of just leaving it on Twitch.
Well, there are quite a few reasons why downloading a clip is a clever decision. Let’s take a look.
- If you clipped a moment from another streamer’s channel, there’s a risk that the clip will disappear from the platform if the streamer in question decides to delete the video associated with the clip.
- Due to the rise of DMCA takedowns, the risk for Twitch videos and clips getting removed from the platform is higher than ever.
- Downloading a Twitch clip allows you to store it safely. And, if you want, you can upload it on other platforms as well.
If you are unsure how to clip on Twitch and you’ve never done it before, our guide covers this topic thoroughly, and it might be of great use to you!
Downloading Twitch clips and storing them somewhere safe ensures that you never lose those precious moments that may not happen ever again.
Remember: before uploading those clips somewhere, especially if they are from a different channel, make sure that you have the right to do so!