Making a spectacular play during a multiplayer session, or having one of your followers say something hilarious in chat are some of the best moments a Twitch streamer can experience.
These things don’t happen every day, but when they do, clipping is a must.
Millions of Twitch users would agree that clips are a channel’s foundation. They provide entertainment on demand but also serve as a channel’s history and legacy.
Some clips are so valuable that not downloading them is considered a “streamer sin”.
With this in mind, you might want to start using clips, and if you want to learn how to download clips from Twitch, this guide has all the methods you need.
Table of ContentsShow
Method 1: Downloading Your Own Clips
To download clips that you have created, follow these steps.
- Open Twitch and sign in to your account.
- Click your avatar in the top-right corner and select Creator Dashboard.
- While viewing the dashboard, select Content and then click on Clips.
- Click on the clip you want to download and click the arrow pointing upwards that says “Share”. You then need to click the arrow pointing downwards that says “Download”.
- The clip will now download in .mp4 format, and you can store it anywhere on your PC.
That’s all you need to do to download clips that you’ve created. If you want to download a clip that someone else created on another channel, the process is slightly different. Fortunately, it’s still nothing too complicated!
Read the next section for more information.
Method 2: Downloading Clips That Aren’t Yours
You’ll require a third-party website to download clips that someone else created. There are many such websites out there, but the simplest and most beginner-friendly is widely considered to be Clipr.
The website is pretty straightforward, but you can follow the steps below to ensure you download a clip without any issues.
- Open Twitch on your browser and find a clip you want to download.
- Open the clip in a different tab on your browser and copy the URL.
- Load Clipr on your browser if you haven’t already. Paste the URL of the clip into the field.
- Click “Get Download Link” and wait a few seconds for Clipr to process the clip.
- Finally, click the download button to save the clip as a .mp4 file on your system.
You have now successfully downloaded a Twitch clip to your PC. You can keep it on your PC or transfer it to any external or cloud storage that you prefer.
If you want to save any other clips, simply repeat the same steps.
Method 3: Downloading Clips Using A Chrome Extension
For some users, especially those who download multiple clips per day, the method listed above is inefficient.
You would need to open a website and paste each link individually. You can save some time by using bookmarks, but the process is still far slower than it could be.
Thankfully, there’s a much quicker method for anyone looking to download multiple clips per day.
The tool we used for this method is called Twitch Clip Downloader 2022. This is a Chrome extension you can add to your browser in less than a few minutes. Once it is installed, downloading clips will become far quicker and easier.
Follow the steps below to learn how to do it.
- Open a regular (non-incognito) tab on Chrome.
- Download the extension and activate it on your browser.
- When you open the Twitch Clips page, you should now see a new button for downloading clips.
- You can now download clips with the press of a button, without having to visit any website other than Twitch.
This is the simplest and quickest method, and many users prefer it. It should also work flawlessly for you. This extension is widely trusted, so there are no risks associated with using it on Twitch.
Reasons To Download Clips Instead Of Keeping Them On Twitch
If you are a new Twitch user, you might be wondering why someone should bother downloading a clip instead of simply leaving it on Twitch.
There are a few reasons why downloading a clip is a sensible decision. Here are some of them.
- If you clipped a moment from another streamer’s channel, there’s a chance that the clip will disappear from the platform if the broadcaster decides to delete the video associated with the clip.
- Due to the rise of DMCA takedowns, the risk of Twitch videos and clips being removed from the platform is greater than ever.
- Downloading a Twitch clip allows you to store it safely. It also allows you to upload your clips on other platforms.
If you are unsure how to clip on Twitch and have never done it before, our guide covers the topic thoroughly. It should be a big help!
Downloading Twitch clips and storing them somewhere safe ensures you will never lose those once-in-a-lifetime streaming moments.
Remember, before uploading those clips somewhere else, especially if they are from another channel, make sure you have the broadcaster’s permission to do so!