However, given the plethora of diverse characteristics, it is anticipated that certain individuals may encounter difficulties while utilizing a specific attribute.
In this article, we want to focus specifically on Slow Mode and how it can be used.
Let’s check it out!
Table of ContentsShow
What Is Discord Slow Mode?
Slow Mode is a valuable tool for server owners, admins, or moderators. It helps cool down a server by limiting how many messages people can send. This is a feature frequently used on streaming websites like Twitch to slow the chat down.
So, if you’re running a Discord server and there are too many people typing at the same time in one channel, just flip the switch to calm the chaos.
Keep in mind that this feature is enabled/disabled for individual text channels; you cannot enable it server-wide.
How To Enable Discord Slow Mode?
To enable Slow Mode in a Discord channel, follow these steps:
- Run Discord and head over to your server.
- Hover the text channel you want to slow down and click on the cogwheel.
- Right after you open the settings, in the Overview tab, you should see the Slow mode option.
- By dragging the slider, you can adjust how often users can send messages (from 5 seconds to 6 hours)
Don’t forget, you will need to repeat these steps for all text channels if you want to slow them down too.
How To Disable Discord Slow Mode
To free your members and finally let them talk as much as they want, you’ll just have to follow the same guide from above and push the slider back to the left.
Again, you will have to do this for every text channel you’ve slowed down.
When Or Why You Should Use Slow Mode
This function might seem like it quiets down the members of your community server, but it’s actually a good thing to use occasionally.
Here are a few reasons why you should use Slow Mode:
- Announcements – while most servers already have an announcement channel, announcements in general text channels will have much better reach.
- Prevent spam – whether it’s Twitch, YouTube, or Discord, you know people love to spam the same copypasta, emojis, and images. Slow Mode is a great solution to reduce spam.
- Bot scam/spam– the best way to deal with spam bots is by using Discord’s highest verification level for security. But, even then, bots can get through the protection, so use Slow Mode to protect the community from scams.
- For informative channels – if you have set up a text channel dedicated to helpful information like guides, you need Slow Mode enabled so members can easily access the information.
Overall, Slow Mode is a handy Discord feature that can be enabled or disabled with the press of a button. Use it wisely!