Discord Nitro is a subscription-based service that provides users with extra benefits and features. However, is it really worth the cost when we consider that using Discord is free?
To come up with an answer to that question, we took the time to familiarize ourselves with Discord Nitro and explored its assortment of perks.
This article will explain the positives and negatives of this premium service which should ultimately help you make an informed decision.
Let’s get started!
Table of ContentsShow
How Much Is Discord Nitro?
The first factor most people look at with any subscription service is its price.
A Discord Nitro subscription costs $9.99 per month. The annual price is $99.99, saving about 15%.
This price is consistent with other apps, games, and platforms that offer subscriptions. They all hover around the $10 price tag, so Discord is not particularly expensive.
Discord Nitro Perks
To determine whether or not paying $10 every month is worth it, we need to take a closer look at the benefits.
Here is a list of all the Nitro perks:
- HD streaming at 60 FPS.
- Message character count increased to 4000.
- Custom profile badge.
- Two server boosts and 30% discount on future boosts (while subscribed to Nitro).
- Upload size limit increase to 100MB (compared to 8MB).
- Join up to 200 servers simultaneously.
- Extensive profile customization. Gain access to a Custom tag, profile banners, and animated avatars.
- Access to custom stickers and hundreds of Nitro-exclusive stickers.
- Gain a custom profile badge to showcase your subscription.
Overall, Discord Nitro seems worth it. Of course, if you can’t picture yourself using any of these perks, there’s really no need to spend $10 every 30 days.
However, if you frequently stream to your friends (or fellow server members), everyone will appreciate your full HD and 60 FPS streams. Additionally, you won’t be restricted to an 8MB upload limit.
The other perks are more focused on profile customization rather than improved accessibility which might not be very important for most users.
In any case, we still think this subscription can be a good investment, especially for people that frequently use Discord.