Bits are the inherent currency of Twitch, the world’s most renowned gaming-oriented live streaming platform.
These purchasable virtual goods have many uses, with the main one being Cheering – a method of supporting your favorite content creators and receiving rewards in return.
Wondering how much it costs to buy Bits on Twitch? We cover that and much more in the guide below.
Let’s get into it.
Table of ContentsShow
How Much Do Twitch Bits Cost?
Twitch Bits can cost differently based on how many you want to purchase at once. This is due to the discounts offered to those who buy larger amounts, in which case the price can be lowered by more than twelve percent.
The general idea is that one Twitch Bit should cost one cent, but due to other expenses such as VAT (Value Added Tax) being included, the final price is 1,4 cents per Twitch Bit, or one dollar and forty cents for hundred Bits.
But, there are also times when Twitch lowers the price for those who purchase Bits in bulk.
Twitch’s current payment plan allows discounted prices for the following purchases:
- 1.500 Bits + 5% Discount = $19.95
- 5.000 Bits + 8% Discount = $64.40
- 10.000 Bits + 10% Discount = $126.00
- 25.000 Bits + 12% Discount = $308.00
The first two purchase options on the list (100 Bits and 500 Bits) have no discount included.
If you need to buy a Bits amount that’s customized, but you’re unsure of the cost, review this section where we provided a Twitch Bits to USD calculator.
Twitch Bits To USD Calculator
Whenever you want to buy Twitch Bits in a custom amount (by combining purchases of multiple pre-set bundles) but are unsure of the final price, you can use this simple calculator to know exactly what you’ll be spending at checkout.
If you recently saw a large Bits donation on Twitch and want to know how much it equates to dollars, you can use our calculator to get the precise amount.
How To Purchase Twitch Bits?
Twitch supports Amazon Payments, PayPal, and Credit Cards for purchasing Bits.
Since you now know the prices for the various bundles offered, let’s take a look at what the process of buying Twitch Bits looks like.
- Open Twitch in your browser of choice and sign in to your account.
- Click the Get Bits button located in the top-right corner, next to your avatar icon.
- Choose one of the many different bundles offered on the list.
- Increase the quantity if you want to buy more of the same bundle, use a Twitch gift card if you have one available, double-check the price, and finally, confirm the payment method to complete the purchase.
Congratulations! You purchased Twitch Bits and can now use them to support your favorite content creators.
Refer to the next segment below for additional information on how to accomplish that.
Using Twitch Bits To Cheer
There are multiple ways to support Twitch streamers, such as subscribing to their channel with both regular and Prime subscriptions, donating money, and ultimately, cheering with Twitch Bits.
For many, cheering with Bits is the best way of donating, as there are benefits for both the streamer and the viewer.
When you cheer with Bits, for every bit donated, the streamer receives one cent. In return, you earn cool badges and other rewards, such as a place on a Top Cheerer leaderboard that many popular streamers have enabled on their channels.
Cheering on Twitch is easy, but if you’ve never done it before, take a look at the steps below that will guide you through the process with ease.
- Open Twitch and click on a channel you wish to cheer for.
- In the chat box, type in “cheer” followed by the number of Bits you wish to donate. For example, typing “cheer100” will send 100 Bits, and “cheer1000” will send 1000 Bits.
- When you hit Enter on your keyboard to send the message, the donation will go through if you have enough Bits available in your account.
Note: You can also include a message along with your donation. For example, you can write: “cheer1000 Congratulations on the win! You’re my favorite streamer!” and send the message.
The higher the Bits amount you cheer with, the higher the chances that the streamer will notice and react to your donation.
Besides supporting the creator, Bits are also a great way to get your message viewed by the rest of the chat, even when it’s going too fast.
Now you know everything about Twitch’s native currency, the shiny Bits that can be used to cheer and donate to your favorite content creators.
Remember to use our calculator if you ever need to see exactly how much your Bits purchase will cost, and remember to always support the growth of your dearest channels.