Earning in-game loot while watching your favorite streamers is considered by many to be one of Twitch’s best features.
To do this, you need to connect external accounts to your Twitch account. If you have never done this before, you might not know how to do it.
In this guide, we will explain how this feature works, as well as walk you through linking your accounts so you can be eligible for loot drops while watching streams.
Read on if you are interested in learning how to link your accounts.
Table of ContentsShow
What Does Earning “In-Game Loot” Mean?
It’s no secret that most Twitch members are gamers, and most gamers love receiving free in-game cosmetics and consumables. This is especially true if it requires no more effort than watching your favorite broadcasters as they stream.
Twitch sometimes makes this possible by hosting promotional events and enabling drops.
On the business side, Twitch benefits from doing this as each new event is born from a successful partnership with another company, in this case, EA (Electronic Arts).
Twitch has an official article explaining everything you need to know about the different types of drops available on the platform.
Why Should I Be Interested In Receiving These Drops and Loot?
Some of the in-game loot you receive from promotional events increases the value of your account, as it can be labeled “limited edition” or something similar and might be unobtainable in the future.
As a Twitch viewer and gamer, you should not ignore an opportunity to receive drops and in-game loot.
To enjoy these benefits, linking Amazon or Twitch with your EA account is a must. The following sections will tell you how to do exactly that.
Linking Your EA Account To Prime Gaming
Note: Before you begin, it’s important to know that you can only link your EA account to one Prime Gaming account. If you have multiple accounts, be sure that you are linking your primary account. You won’t be able to undo this.
If you are unsure what Prime Gaming is, we have a guide covering this topic in detail to give you a better idea.
With that out of the way, here is what you need to do to link your accounts successfully:
- Open Prime Gaming’s Loot page and find the loot you want to receive. Click Claim Now.
- Click “Go To Electronic Arts” to be redirected to the site.
- When asked if you want to allow EA to access your Amazon account, click Allow.
- Here, you will need to confirm your account. If you have multiple accounts logged in on the same system, make sure you choose the right one by clicking the “Not your account?” option.
- Click Continue and verify your identity.
- Link your accounts, click Return to Amazon and then Complete Claim to finish the process.
You have now successfully linked your EA Account to your Prime Gaming account.
Linking Your EA Account To Twitch
If you don’t have Prime Gaming and instead want to link EA to your Twitch account, follow these steps to do so.
- Go to ea.com/twitchlinking and sign in to your account. If you are already logged in to Twitch, you will be taken directly to a confirmation screen where you need to click Authorize at the bottom.
- If you use a security authenticator, you will need to enter a code before proceeding. Once you have, click Log In. You might receive this code in an e-mail if you don’t use an SMS authenticator or something similar.
- Click Yes, link them to start the process. Moments later, your EA and Twitch accounts will be linked.
- Open your connections tab on Twitch to check that the process was completed successfully. You should now be able to see Electronic Arts under the “Other Connections” tab.
You have successfully linked your EA Account with your Twitch Account. Whenever there are events for drops and loot for EA titles, you will be able to claim them.
If you are a gamer and enjoy free in-game loot, you now know how to connect your accounts and become eligible to receive this content.
You can often receive valuable cosmetics and consumables for games, access new features, and gain bonuses for the games you play by linking your accounts, so take the time to do it.