If you frequently use Discord, you probably already know how difficult it can be to make a unanimous decision with your friends. Whether it is which game you’re going to play or where you will do your LAN session, a decision needs to be made.
Polls are probably one of the best ways to do that, especially if dozens or hundreds of users want to share their opinion on the matter.
Fortunately for you (and everyone else on the server), there are a couple of ways you can make polls in Discord.
Let’s have a look at all the possible solutions!
Table of ContentsShow
How To Make A Poll On Discord Manually
Even though Discord is rich with hundreds of features, for some reason, Discord polls are not actually a feature available for users.
But, with enough creativity, you can create one “manually.” If you don’t see this as a viable option, head over to some of the other solutions below. If you’re still interested, here’s what you can do:
- In your Discord server, join any text channels. Preferably one which all of your friends can see.
- Now, you’ll need to type your question and add poll options. We can do that with react emojis. Here’s an example:
- List your options and add an appropriate react emoji for it. Then, make sure to tag/ping your friends (either individually or with @everyone or @here.)
Once everyone has left their reaction on the poll, you’ll know exactly which game you will play.
Making A Poll With A Third-Party Website
With so many completely free websites for polls, there is no need to do things manually.
Here’s how you can create a poll on this website:
- Head over to DirectPoll.
- Click on the Create Your Poll Now! button.
- On this next page, you can add your questions and choices.
- Once your poll is ready, accept the Terms & Conditions, type in your email, click on Save poll, and send me the links.
- Go to your email and look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. In it, you’ll find multiple links. One for you (to control the poll), one for your friends to vote, and one for results.
- Copy the vote link and send it to everyone that needs to vote.
- Open your “Cockpit link” and click Start to allow your friends to vote.
- Once everyone has left their vote (don’t forget to vote yourself), open the result link (and send it to everyone).
Looks like CS:GO is the more popular option this time around!
And that’s it!
For your next poll, just follow these steps, and you’ll have an answer to your question in no time.
How To Make A Poll With A Discord Bot
Like any other issue or lack of feature on Discord, this one can be resolved with a Discord poll bot. Currently, there are several dozen poll-related bots out there, so which one you get is up to you.
There are also multi-functional bots like Mee6, Dyno, and others that offer polls as an option.
Here’s a list of some of the most popular Discord poll bots:
Choose any of these bots we’ve listed, or feel free to use any other bot you might find.
We chose EasyPoll for this guide, so here’s how to invite it to your server:
- Head over to the official EasyPoll website and click on Add to Server.
- Your next step will be to select your server and then select which permissions you want to grant to the bot. We suggest leaving it at default.
- Click on Continue and then click Authorize.
- Now open Discord and head into your Discord server.
With the Discord poll bot now on your server, we’ll need to use the appropriate commands to create a poll. Here is what you can do to create a simple poll:
- Open any text channel (in which the bot has permission).
- Type /poll and type in your question. Example:
- Don’t click Enter yet. Instead, click the Tab key and choose one of the available options. Add how many answers you want to your poll.
- You can add up to 20 different answers. For our poll, we used 3. Here’s what the command should look like:
- Once you’ve added all your poll options, just hit Enter to post the poll.
Now you finally have a poll! Members in your server can vote for the appropriate option with the react emojis. So, the bot works similarly to the manual solution we mentioned above, but it’s a bit easier to set up and use.
Other Useful Discord Poll Bot Options
Keep in mind that these commands are exclusive to the EasyPoll bot. If you use any other bot, check its command list either through its official website, Top.gg, or by typing /command.
- /timepoll – creates a poll with a time limit. After the specified time or date, the poll will be closed, and users will not be able to vote.
- /closepoll – useful if you want to preemptively close a poll. You can find the poll ID on the poll itself.
- /listpolls – shows you useful information on all the polls you’ve created.
There are a couple of additional commands, but these are the commands you will generally use.
We hope this guide was informative and has taught you how to create polls for the members of your server.