Discord is a great choice for tens of millions of gamers because it is free and easy to use. At least all of its most important features are free, including creating servers, adding members, creating voice/text channels, sharing media, and others.
However, some features and extras are understandably locked behind a paywall. For $10 each month, you can gain access to 1080p@60FPS streaming, more emojis, larger uploads, and more
You might feel that $10 every month is not exactly cheap, which is probably why you are trying to discover how to get free Discord Nitro.
Luckily for you, we have done the necessary research to find out how you can get Discord Nitro for free or if it is even possible to do so.
Let’s get started with this guide!
Warning: Do not trust any website or person offering free Discord Nitro codes. They are all scams and will attempt to steal your account or credit card information. There are no Discord Nitro code generators!
The methods listed in this guide are currently the only legitimate ways to obtain Discord Nitro for free. By using other methods, you put yourself at unnecessary risk so proceed with extreme caution!
Table of ContentsShow
Discord Nitro Free Trials
Usually, the ways you could get access to Discord Nitro for free are limited. Fortunately, the Discord team feels generous from time to time and releases a Nitro free trial that can last up to three months.
There is no exact date when such a free trial is available, so when you will be able to get is random.
Usually, when a free trial is made available, you will get a Discord notification. You can also check by heading into User Settings and then into the Nitro tab.
Keep in mind that users who have already used one free trial will not be eligible for another one.
Another sign that Discord has made a free trial available to users is when you notice a lot of your friends or server members suddenly have a Nitro subscription. It’s likely there is some kind of promotion available, so ask around to find out what’s the deal.
Have Someone Gift It To You
Some months can be tougher than others, so you might not feel like paying $10 this month. Fortunately, Discord does offer the option to gift Nitro to other users.
If possible, contact some of your friends. They might be able to gift you Nitro for this month or the next few coming months. Later you can pay them back or gift a Nitro back.
When you want to gift Nitro to someone, just head over to User Settings then in the Nitro tab, scroll down to the bottom and you’ll see the Gift option.
Discord Partner Program
You may have heard of streamers signing partners/contracts with Twitch, YouTube, and other platforms. Well, this type of partner program is available on Discord too.
Discord’s Partner Program aims to reward the best communities on its platform. One of the rewards every partner gets is free Discord Nitro.
Becoming a partner isn’t easy as you and your server will need to satisfy certain qualifications.
However, it’s not just about the raw number of members you’ve gathered in your community. Instead, Discord will be looking into the server’s moderation, engagement, content quality, and many other factors.
Either way, we recommend trying your luck. Who knows, your server might be eligible for the partner program. Before that, you’ll need to turn your server into a Community if you haven’t done that. Here’s how:
- Go to Server Settings and then select Enable Community.
- In there, click on Get Started.
- You will need to go through several steps here, such as verifying your email and enabling certain safety/privacy settings. Once you’ve verified both safety checks, hit Next.
- For a community server, you’ll need a text channel for rules and guidelines and another one for community updates. Fortunately, you can do all that through this setup. Again, hit Next.
- In the last step, the two settings offered are optional, but we recommend enabling them and then checking I agree and understand. Click Finish.
Finally! Your server is now a community.
With that done, you’ll notice several new tabs unlocked under Community in Server Settings. Two tabs are important for us now. Server Insights and Partner Program. To be even considered for partnership, you will need to have server insights active.
However, to unlock Server Insights, there are several requirements you will need to pass:
- Server must be eight weeks old.
- 500 members on your server.
- Have at least 50 weekly active members – this means at least 50 users will need to be communicating through your server one way or another.
- Have two-factor authentication enabled.
- 20% weekly member retention in 2 month period – this requirement only applies for new and growing communities. This means that 20% of your new members need to stay joined in your server for at least one week.
- 100 weekly visitors – Discord users that are checking out your server. They don’t have to join, send messages or be active in any way, and they will still count.
If you fulfill all of these requirements, you’ll now have access to Server Insights. And with that, you can now submit an application for the partner program.
To do that, head into the Partner Program tab and click on Apply for Partnership.
In the application, you will need to answer several questions. There’s no right answer to these questions.
Keep in mind, even if you have a striving community and you’ve done everything correctly in setting up your server that does not mean that you will automatically be accepted for the partner program.
But, the application won’t take more than a few minutes, so there is no reason why you shouldn’t try it out.
Epic Games Offers Discord Nitro (1 Month) For Free
Update: This offer is no longer available as of June 2, 2022. However, this is a repeating offer, so stay connected and bookmark this page just in case it is available again in the future!
Here is how you could claim the offer:
- Visit the Discord Nitro store page on the Epic Games Store.
- Ensure you are logged in, and then press the “Get” button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the free order.
- You will receive an email within 24 hours. Follow the instructions in the email to claim your free Discord Nitro for three months!
The offer may be available again in the future, so stay connected and bookmark this page!
It’s always a good idea to be careful, but that does not mean that you have to write off all possibilities of getting Nitro for free. There are servers out there that host giveaways, gifting users with all kinds of rewards, including Nitro.
But, understand that finding such servers that offer legitimate giveaways will prove more complicated than it seems. Many servers will hide between those legitimate ones with false promises.
Here are some of the servers we found that offer real Nitro giveaways:
- Sound’s Spooky World
- Planet Roonie
- Jet’s Dream World
- Open Advertisements & Nitro Giveaways
- Self Promotion Central & Nitro Giveways!
- Dank’s Dungeon
- Custom’s Magical World
Once you join a server, follow the guidelines to become a part of the giveaway. Keep in mind, out of all the contestants, they will only choose one or a few winners. A win is not guaranteed.
Be Careful Of Scammers
Our research has also revealed that many people have been scammed with “free Nitro offers.”
If any users or bots contact you, claiming they can provide you with a free Discord Nitro upgrade, ignore it! Better yet, block and report it. They will either contact you through DMs or they will enter a server and promote their scam through text channels.
We are trying to raise awareness for users to be wary. Be careful and never give out your personal information!