Discord is hands down one of the most popular chatting applications in 2021.
It has an intuitive design, it is user-friendly, and it is filled with tons of features. One of the best is the ability to connect accounts from different platforms (such as Spotify) with the app.
By linking your Spotify account with Discord, additional features will unlock, including the option to show your Discord friends exactly which song you are listening to at the moment. There’s also an option to redirect Discord to Spotify to play a song or check out a profile.
If you are interested in utilizing these features, here is a step-by-step guide on how you can connect Spotify to Discord.
Connecting Spotify To Desktop
- Start Discord and open up ‘User Settings’ (next to mute and deafen icons)
- From here, select ‘Connections’ on the list on the left side of your screen
- In this tab, you should be able to see several different platform icons. Select ‘Spotify’
- Once you click on the icon, you will be redirected to a browser where you will need to login into your Spotify account.
After that, your Spotify should be connected to Discord, and now you can customize the options that come with it.
Customizing Spotify Options
To customize the option related to the Spotify account, head back to the Connection tab, and you will see several new options have appeared.
- Display on Profile – Adds a button (link) that redirects users directly to your Spotify account. It’s useful if you have a lot of playlists that you want to share.
- Display Spotify as your status – This enables the feature to show exactly which song, artist, and album you are listening to on your profile.
That’s all there is to it. So, from now on, if you have all the right options enabled, all of your friends and channel members will be able to see the music you are listening to.