Discord features an intuitive design, is user-friendly, and is filled with tons of features. One of its best features is the ability to connect accounts from different platforms (such as Spotify) to the application.
By linking your Spotify account with Discord, additional features will unlock, including the option to show your Discord friends which song you are currently listening to. There’s also an option to redirect from Discord to Spotify to play a song or check out a profile.
If you are interested in utilizing these features, here is a step-by-step guide on how to connect Spotify to Discord.
Table of ContentsShow
Connecting Spotify To Discord (Desktop)
To connect Spotify to Discord, follow these steps:
- Start Discord and open ‘User Settings’ (next to mute and deafen icons)
- From here, select ‘Connections’ on the list to the left side of your screen
- In this tab, you should see several different platform icons. Select ‘Spotify’
- Once you click on the icon, you will be redirected to a browser window where you need to log into your Spotify account.
Your Spotify account should have connected to Discord, and you can customize the options that are included. Spotify and Discord are now fully connected!
If you see a “Failed to connect Spotify to Discord” or “Failed to connect your Spotify account to Discord” error message, try closing Discord and visiting Spotify on your browser. Log in and try to connect Spotify to Discord again.
Customizing Spotify Options
To customize the options related to your Spotify account, return to the Connection tab. You will see that new options have appeared.
- Display on Profile – Adds a button (link) that sends Discord users directly to your Spotify account. This is useful if you have playlists that you want to share.
- Display Spotify as your status – This enables the feature to show the song, artist, and album you are currently listening to on your Discord profile.
That’s all there is to it. From now on, if you have the necessary options enabled, your friends and other server members will be able to see the music you are listening to.