Discord is unquestionably very useful for communication, but you probably don’t want to use it constantly.
This makes it bothersome when Discord opens every time you boot your computer. Whenever you start your PC, you will need to shut down Discord.
How can you prevent Discord from starting automatically?
There are a couple of ways you can achieve this.
Table of ContentsShow
Turn Off Automatic Startup Through Discord Settings
Thankfully, Discord has a built-in setting that determines whether or not the app opens during the Windows startup. Here is how you can adjust it:
- Start Discord and open User Settings.
- In the left panel, under App Settings, select Windows Settings.
- Disable Open Discord.
This will ensure that Discord no longer opens during Windows’ startup.
Alternatively, you can leave Open Discord enabled and disable Start Minimized. If you do this, Discord will launch during a boot-up, but it will stay minimized as a tray icon.
Turn Off Automatic Startup Through Windows’ Settings
If Discord is still booting up along with your system even after disabling the option in the application itself, you can use Windows’ settings to override it.
- First, you will need to open Task Manager. You can do that either by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete shortcut and then selecting Task Manager, or by using the Ctrl+Shift+Escape shortcut.
- Click More Details to expand Task Manager (if you haven’t done so already).
- Click on the Startup tab.
- Find Discord, select it and click Disable.
If you can’t seem to find Discord in Task Manager, try restarting your computer and check again.
That’s it! By disabling Discord in the Startup tab, the application will never launch automatically on system boot again.