Discord has the option for users to connect their accounts from other platforms with their Discord accounts. This provides various benefits like sharing which music you’re playing on Spotify, showing what game you’re playing on Steam, etc.
Let’s have a look!
Table of ContentsShow
Connecting Discord To Your Twitch Account
To learn how to get Twitch emotes on Discord, the first thing you will have to do is to connect your Twitch account with Discord.
Here’s how you can do that:
- Open Discord and go to User Settings.
- On the list of settings on the left, look for the Connections tab (it’s at the top).
- You’ll see a list of a bunch of applications/platforms like Facebook, Battle.net, PlayStation Network, and of course, Twitch.
- Click on the Twitch icon. This will automatically redirect you to Twitch’s login page. Once you’re logged in, click on Authorize.
After that, Twitch and Discord will be connected, allowing you to use Twitch emotes.
Where Can Twitch Emotes Be Used?
If you’re wondering why you cannot use your Twitch on Discord, there are a couple of things you have to consider first:
- To use a streamer’s emotes, you will have to subscribe to their channel on Twitch.
- You can only use a content creator’s emotes if they have Twitch integration on their Discord server.
- You cannot use one content creator’s emotes on another streamer’s Discord server.
Once these conditions are met, you can start sending your favorite Twitch emotes on Discord.
Twitch Integration On A Discord Server
If you are a content creator on Twitch and want to allow your subscribers to use Twitch emotes on your Discord server, this is what needs to be done:
- Open Discord and right-click your server’s profile picture.
- Select Server Settings.
- While in the settings, head over to the Integrations tab.
- You should see Twitch as an integration option (you should have your Twitch account connected too).
- Once Twitch integration is enabled, you will need to enable the “Allow synced subscribers to use your Twitch Custom Emoticons on Discord.”
With that enabled, all subscribers will be able to use your emotes on the server.
However, keep in mind that you must be an Affiliated or a Partnered Twitch Channel; otherwise, you won’t be able to do this integration. Also, you need to have your own Twitch Custom Emoticons for this to work.