One of the many advantages of using Discord is the ability to quickly send any type of file to individual members or an entire server. Anything from documents to images and even videos can be shared with other users.
This guide will show you exactly how to send videos on Discord.
Table of ContentsShow
Sending Videos To A Discord User
If you want to send a private video to a specific Discord user, you will need to send them a DM.
- Open Discord.
- Find the user either in your Discord Friend List or a server’s Member List.
- Right-click the user, type something and send the message. This will automatically take you to the DM screen.
- Here, click the small + (plus) icon in the bottom-left of the chat.
- In the newly opened window, navigate through the folders and select the file (in this case, the video) you want to send.
- Click Open and then press Enter to send the message.
You have successfully sent your video! Your friend should receive the message immediately after the video is uploaded.
Keep in mind that the maximum file size you can send through Discord is just 8MB, which is relatively small for videos. If your videos are larger than 8MB, which is likely, you can either subscribe to Discord Nitro ($10/month) or reduce the size of the video by lowering its quality or trimming its length.
Sending Videos In A Server
If the video you want to send isn’t private and you want as many people to see it as possible, you can share it via a server.
The process is almost identical.
- Open Discord.
- Select any text channel.
- Click the same + icon, find your file and open it.
- Send the message.
That’s all you need to do. The video can now be seen by anyone on that particular server.
There are a few things worth noting. Some servers restrict the abilities of users, meaning you might not be able to send images nor videos. To gain the user privileges necessary to send files, you might need to contact the server’s moderators or admins.