Discord became enormously popular among students and gamers around the world thanks to its simple interface and unique features. Users can easily create or join a text or voice channel to meet and communicate with dozens of other people.
If you are new to Discord or your friends are joining the platform, it is a good idea to add them to your friends list.
This will allow you to find them more easily when you want to chat and makes it much simpler to invite them to your server.
Table of ContentsShow
How To Add Someone On Discord
If you’re wondering how to add a friend to Discord, this quick guide will show you how easy it is.
- Go to the home page of Discord. You can accomplish this by clicking the Discord logo at the top-left corner of the window.
- Click the green “Add Friend” button. You can now easily add people to your Discord friends list by typing their name and unique #ID, then clicking “Send Friend Request”.
- If you don’t have the necessary information, you need to ask your friend to check their username and unique ID number at the bottom left of their Discord window.
- Be sure to input the ID number correctly to add the correct person. Otherwise, you might end up sending a friend request to a stranger!
That’s all you need to do. Now your friend just needs to accept your request and you will be able to find each other on your friends lists.
As you accumulate a larger list of Discord friends, you should continue using the home page to quickly find whoever you’re looking for.
Discord’s default sorting system makes it easier to see who is added or available on your friends list.
- Online – Includes any friends that are currently online
- All – Displays all online, offline, away, or busy friends
- Pending – A list of any friend requests you have sent that are still pending, as well as any pending friend requests you have received
- Blocked – Any users you have blocked in the past. While you probably won’t spend much time looking at this, it is very useful if you accidentally block someone!
That’s all there is to it. With the above information, you can easily get in contact with all of your friends that are active on Discord.