Discord became a popular option for a lot of students and gamers around the world because of its unique style and features. Users can easily join one voice or text channel to meet and talk with dozens of other server members.
But, if you are new to this platform or if you have new friends joining Discord, it would be a good idea to add them to your friend list.
This is going to help you find them easier when you want to chat or make it easier to invite them to your channel.
How To Add Someone On Discord
For those wondering, here’s a short guide on how you can add a friend.
- Head on over to the home page of Discord. That’s the icon on the top-left corner with the Discord logo
- Click on the green Add Friend button and now you can easily add some of your friends to your Discord friends list by typing their name and unique #ID and click Send Friend Request
- To obtain that information, you will need to ask your friend to check his username and unique ID number at the bottom left
- Make sure you input the ID number correctly to add the right person. Otherwise, you could end up sending a friend request to a stranger.
You have done your part. All that is left is for your friend to accept your request and that’s it.
Once you start accumulating a bigger list of friends on Discord, you should continue using the home page to easily find certain individuals.
Use Discord’s default sorting to make it easier on yourself when browsing your friend’s list.
- Online – Any friends that are online at the moment
- All – List of all online, offline, away, or busy friends
- Pending – A list of the friend request you have sent that are still pending and the ones you have received
- Blocked – Any users you have blocked in the past. This is a useful segment in case you block accidentally
That is all there is to it. With this information above, you can now get in contact with all of your friends that are on Discord.