Discord became enormously popular among students and gamers around the world thanks to its simple interface and unique features. Users can easily create or join a text or voice channel to meet and communicate with dozens of other people.
If you are new to Discord or your friends are joining the platform, it is a good idea to add them to your friends list.
This will help you find them more conveniently when you wish to chat and makes it easier to invite them to your server.
Table of ContentsShow
How To Add Someone On Discord
If you’re wondering how to add a friend to Discord, this quick guide will show you how easy it is.
- Go to the home page of Discord. You can accomplish this by clicking the Discord logo at the top-left corner of the window.
- Click the green “Add Friend” button. You can now easily add people to your Discord friends list by typing their name and unique #ID, then clicking “Send Friend Request”.
- If you don’t have the necessary information, you need to ask your friend to check their username and unique ID number at the bottom left of their Discord window.
- Be sure to input the ID number correctly to add the correct person. Otherwise, you might end up sending a friend request to a stranger!
That’s everything you must do. Now your pal just needs to agree to your request and you’ll be able to locate each other on your pals lists.
As you gather more Discord friends, it’s advisable to keep using the main page to easily locate anyone you seek.
Discord’s default sorting system makes it easier to see who is added or available on your friends list.
- Online – Includes any friends that are currently online
- All – Displays all online, offline, away, or busy friends
- Pending – A list of any friend requests you have sent that are still pending, as well as any pending friend requests you have received
- Blocked – Any users you have blocked in the past. While you probably won’t spend much time looking at this, it is very useful if you accidentally block someone!
That’s all there is to it. With the above information, you can easily get in contact with all of your friends that are active on Discord.