While browsing the countless communities/public servers on Discord, you will soon discover that many of them are marked as NSFW (not safe for work) and are age-restricted.
If you accidentally entered an incorrect date of birth when creating your Discord account and it puts you below 18, you will not be able to join these age-restricted servers.
To fix this issue so you can freely enjoy this “hidden” content, here is what you can try.
Table of ContentsShow
Send A Request To Discord Support
Discord provides a lot of room for user account customization. For example, you can change your username at any time. If you are subscribed to Discord Nitro, you can even change your ID.
However, the specified date of birth on the account cannot be altered, at least not without contacting Discord’s support team. Let’s look at how to do that.
- Head over to Discord support – Submit a request.
- Under “What can we help you with?” select Trust & Safety.
- Next, enter the email address of your Discord account.
- Under “How can we help?” select Appeals, age update, and other questions.
- On the next drop-down menu, select Update my age information.
- The next field will ask you for your phone number if you registered your account with it. This is optional.
- You will need to add your real date of birth. Make sure there are no mistakes this time!
- Check the “Please confirm that you have attached the required materials” box to confirm that you have input the email address you registered with.
- Fill in the Subject and Description explaining that the current date of birth on your account is incorrect and you would like to change it.
- Press Submit.
- This is entirely optional, but if you want to accelerate the process, you can add an ID card or another document as evidence of your date of birth.
That is all you need to do for now. Hopefully, Discord will contact you by email in the next week or so to confirm your change of birthdate.