While browsing many of the community/public servers on Discord, you will soon find out that many of them are marked as NSFW (not safe for work) i.e. age-restricted.
If for some reason you haven’t added the correct date of birth that puts you below 18 while creating your Discord account, you will not be able to join the above-mentioned servers.
To fix this issue so you can freely enjoy this “hidden” content, here is what you can try.
Table of ContentsShow
Send A Request To Discord Support
Discord often provides a lot of room for user account customization. For example, you can change your username at any time. You can even change your ID if you are subscribed to Nitro.
However, the specified date of birth on the account cannot be altered. At least not without contacting Discord’s support team. So, let’s do that.
- Head over to Discord’s support – Submit a request.
- Under “What can we help you with?” select Trust & Safety.
- Next, add the email address of your Discord account.
- Under “How can we help?” select Appeals, age update, other questions.
- On the next drop down menu, select Update my age information.
- Next field will ask you for your phone number if you registered your account with it. It’s optional.
- Now, you will need to add your real birth date. Make sure there are no mistakes this time!
- Check the “Please confirm that you have attached the required materials” box to confirm that you’ve input the email address you’ve registered with.
- Fill the Subject and Description explaining that your current applied date of birth is incorrect and that you would like to change it.
- Hit Submit.
- This is entirely optional, but if you want to speed up the process, you can add an ID card or other document to identify your date of birth.
That is all you have to do for now. Discord should contact you by email in the next week or so. Keep in mind,