Subscribing to Twitch channels is a great way to support your favorite content creators while enjoying the extra perks that come with being a subscriber.
However, having multiple active subscriptions can quickly become a drain on your wallet. That is especially true if the auto-renew feature is on, which it is by default.
If you have decided that it’s time to save some funds, or you no longer want to support specific channels for content reasons, this guide will teach you how to cancel subscriptions on both the mobile and desktop versions of Twitch.
Let’s get started!
Table of ContentsShow
How To Cancel A Twitch Subscription On Desktop
Canceling a channel subscription on the desktop version of Twitch is simple. Follow the steps below to learn how to do it.
- Open Twitch in your preferred browser and sign in to your account.
- In the top-right corner of the screen, click your avatar and select Subscriptions from the list of options.
- Find the active subscription you want to cancel and click the cogwheel icon in the upper-right corner. This will open a menu of options from which you can choose to change your subscription tier, select a different payment method, or prevent it from renewing.
- To cancel your subscription, choose Don’t Renew Subscription, the last option on the list.
If you subscribed in the last ten minutes, you also have the option to cancel and refund your money. This is useful if you subscribed accidentally and want your money back.
The last step is to select a cause for the cancelation, giving Twitch the chance to gather input from the community about its subscription system and other related features.
You can always simply choose the last option, “Other”, and cancel without specifying a reason.
Your subscription will no longer continue when the time comes, but your advantages and emotes will remain active until the end of your current billing cycle.
A few Twitch users cancel their renewal right away after subscribing to make sure they won’t get charged the next month.
If you plan to use a one-time subscription and enjoy the channel benefits for just a month, make sure not to choose the Refund option, as refunding will immediately cancel all benefits.
Now you know how to cancel a subscription or issue a refund using the desktop version of Twitch. Read the following section for more information on how to unsub on Twitch using a mobile device.
How To Cancel A Twitch Subscription On Mobile
Your mobile device can be helpful when you want to quickly cancel a Twitch channel subscription but don’t have access to a desktop computer.
Thankfully, the mobile version of Twitch is responsive and easy to use. Although the process is slightly different, it’s still simple and doesn’t require much effort.
Here’s how to do it:
- If you don’t already have it, download and install the Twitch app for mobile. Open it and sign in to your account.
- Tap on your profile icon located in the top-left corner, then select Subscriptions.
- Find the channel you want to unsubscribe from and tap on it.
- You can now see the name of the channel as well as the number of followers and views it has. Below, there is a button that should say “Subscribed” if you are subbed to the channel.
- Tap the “Subscribed” button and select “Cancel Subscription” from the list of options.
- You will be asked to confirm your choice one more time after Twitch informs you about losing the benefits of being a subscriber.
- Confirm the action by clicking “Cancel Subscription” one more time, as indicated in the image below.
If you completed these steps, you are no longer subscribed to the channel. You can repeat this process for any other channels you want to unsubscribe from.
That covers everything you need to know about how to unsubscribe on Twitch. If you no longer want to support specific channels, you can do this to save funds or subscribe to other creators instead.
If you encounter issues while canceling subscriptions, it’s a good idea to contact Twitch’s support team and inform them about the problem.