Voice-changer programs have been around for a while, yet they only seem to become more popular with time.
It’s difficult to say whether this is because VoIP apps are also more widely-adopted or internet users are concerned about their privacy, but one thing’s for sure. There is more competition in the voice-changer field now than before.
Whatever the motivation, the market has become slightly saturated with these products, so choosing the one that is right for you can be difficult, specifically if you must test each software individually, which is time-consuming, and most aren’t free either.
Luckily, we’ve done all the necessary testing and reviewing, so you don’t have to.
If you’re looking for the absolute best voice changer programs to use nowadays, the answers are in the guide below.
Let’s get started with the first software on the list:
- The pro version offers numerous voice options.
- Highly customizable in Studio Mode.
- Removing and adding background noises works flawlessly.
- Works with games and most apps.
- Studio Mode might be slightly complicated for new users.
- The free version offers just three voice options.
- The user interface looks quite outdated.
- Available only for Windows.
You can use voice changer programs for a lot more than pranking your friends or having fun on VoIP programs such as Discord and TeamSpeak.
For example, some Twitch streamers use this software to adjust their voice to be more pleasant for the audience. If someone isn’t satisfied with how they naturally sound, they can easily modify it by using software such as Morph VOX.
Even if you don’t have much experience with audio-editing software, Morph VOX offers a variety of pre-sets you can apply with the press of a button.
For more experienced users, you can also adjust pitch, timbre, distortion, and phasers.
Morph VOX allows its users to import and alter audio in WAV format. They can also create realistic scenarios from their home or work environment by adding background noise. For example, you can make it sound as though you are in a forest by adding realistic ambient noise in the background, which is just one of the many options.
- User-friendly interface, easy to use.
- A broad choice of voice options considering it’s free.
- Receives important updates occasionally.
- Compatible with Steam, Discord, and other industry-leading programs.
- Built-in music and sound player.
- Not enough customization compared to other pro software.
- Antivirus programs sometimes identify it as malware.
Clownfish is a free-to-use voice changer created by Bogdan Sharkov, a Bulgarian developer based in Sofia. This is a popular program among users who want to use a simpler voice changer.
This isn’t recommended for professional work but provides more than enough functionality for most internet users.
Changing the way you sound is easy with Clownfish. It only takes one button to transform your voice. Your possible choices include sounding like an alien, robot, baby, and more. You can also create a custom pitch profile and adjust it however you like.
The official Clownfish website features an FAQ section where users can read more about the software and some bugs that users have discovered.
- Real-time voice changing.
- Easy-to-set key binds.
- Compatible with the most popular games.
- Free to use with an option to upgrade to Pro.
- Some users reported poor performance.
- The Pro version might not be worth it compared to other products.
This voice changer software is one of the most popular choices among the gaming community. It is compatible with Twitch, Omegle, Steam, Discord, and many more apps.
Voicemod also works with many popular games that feature in-game voice chat, such as CS:GO, Valorant, and Apex Legends.
In addition to the many options for pre-set voices, you can also create and customize a soundboard. This allows you to play the right sound for the moment and entertain your viewers if you are a streamer or have fun with your friends if you are playing together.
If you want to sound unlike anyone else, building your voice in the Voicelab is also an option. This is a feature that many users love and a unique selling point for the product.
The developers also created a Voicemod Twitch Extension that you can read more about in one of the sections of our guides where we review it.
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- Compatible with Skype and similar programs.
- Works great with some video games.
- Isn’t very popular or frequently updated.
- The user interface isn’t very friendly or intuitive.
Despite being fully functional and well-optimized software, the MasqVox Voice Changer isn’t as popular as other choices on this list. This means encountering an issue can be frustrating because you might struggle to find answers on forums or support boards.
On the other hand, the software’s features all work as intended. As the program is lightweight, you can use it in the background while gaming for maximum enjoyment.
We can’t recommend it for professional use or content creation, but for chatting with strangers or altering your voice while gaming, it is more than sufficient.
That concludes our list of the best voice changer programs available today. We included software for every skill set, situation, and pricing plan, so choose the one that seems the best fit for your needs.
If you need a voice changer for gaming, online communication through VOIP apps, audio work, or just for fun, the products listed in this guide should be the first ones to look into when searching for such software.