Twitch allows its viewers to support their favorite creators in many different ways.
When the platform was still new, the most popular option was supporting via the donation system. Later, subscriptions were introduced. Recently, the most attractive method appears to be Prime Gaming subscriptions.
For those unsure of what Prime Gaming is, we cover this topic in one of our guides. We suggest taking a look if you’re considering paying for it.
This guide will explain how to subscribe to a Twitch streamer using Prime Gaming.
Let’s get started!
Table of ContentsShow
Subscribing To Prime Gaming
Before you can subscribe to a Twitch streamer with Prime Gaming, you first need to purchase a Prime Gaming subscription.
Here’s how to do it:
- Launch your preferred browser and open Prime Gaming. Click Try Prime, which should be the first thing you see once the website has loaded.
- If you are located in a country eligible for Prime Gaming purchases, you will need to sign in to your existing Amazon account or create a new one if you aren’t already a member.
- Choose a payment method and complete the transaction.
Note: If you see one of the following messages: “Looks like you’re in a Prime Video only country” or “Your country is not eligible for this purchase”, you need to use a reliable VPN service to “mask” your connection.
You will then need to link your Twitch account with Prime Gaming.
Linking Your Twitch Account With Prime Gaming
This is the final step before you are able to reap all the rewards for being a Prime Gaming subscriber. To link your accounts, follow the steps below:
- Open the Twitch Accounts section of Amazon’s website and click on Connect a Twitch Account.
- Log in using your Twitch credentials and wait a few seconds for the accounts to link.
Now that you have linked the accounts, it’s time to use your free monthly Prime Gaming subscription on a channel that deserves it.
Subscribing To A Twitch Channel With Prime Gaming
Activating your Prime Gaming subscription is easy and almost identical to subscribing normally. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Twitch in your chosen browser and sign in to your account. If you already linked your accounts during the previous steps in the section above, you will be automatically signed in when you open the website.
- Find the channel you want to subscribe to using whichever method seems the most practical. Usually, typing the name of the channel into Twitch’s search bar is the easiest.
- Once the channel page opens, click the subscribe button and choose whichever method you want to use. In this case, you should choose “Free Subscription with Prime” to use your free monthly sub.
Upon subscribing, you will unlock all channel features, including emotes, the ability to speak in chat in sub-only mode, and much more. These benefits will last the same amount of time as a regular subscription, which is one month.
Note: Once you have used your free Prime Gaming subscription, you can’t use it to subscribe to a different channel until it has expired.
If you regularly subscribe to Twitch channels, it’s probably a good idea to purchase a Prime Gaming membership. This small investment provides numerous benefits and will make your time on Twitch more enjoyable.
The rewards that come with being a Prime Gaming member greatly outweigh the cost.