If you have VODs enabled on Twitch, when one of your broadcasts ends, it will become available for replaying as a video a few minutes later.
This is very useful for fans and followers who couldn’t watch your live stream as it happened. It can also play a significant role in the overall growth of your channel.
However, live streams are unpredictable. Sometimes during a broadcast, things we aren’t too fond of happen, and we often don’t want to preserve those on the channel.
Fortunately, it’s easy to permanently remove a video from your channel by deleting it.
Keep reading to learn how to delete Twitch VODs, as this guide covers everything you need to know about the process.
Table of ContentsShow
Method 1: Deleting VODs From A Browser (Desktop)
To delete Twitch videos from your channel, you first need to access the Video Producer panel. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Open Twitch in your browser and sign in to your account.
- In the top-right corner of your screen, click on your avatar and select Video Producer.
- You should now see a list of videos. If you want to close your channel and delete all videos at once, you can do this by clicking the three vertical dots to open the drop-down menu. See the image below for the different options.
- If you want to delete one video or a few, tick the box next to each one to select it. If there are many videos on your channel, you can also use the filter in the top-left corner and select a relevant category to narrow your search.
- Once you select the videos you want to remove, use the Delete function to erase the content from your channel permanently.
Enabling Twitch VODs On Your Channel
If you’re wondering why there aren’t any VODs on your channel, it’s likely because you don’t have the “Store Past Broadcasts” option enabled in your account settings.
This option is off by default, and many new Twitch users are unaware of it. By following the steps below, you can easily enable the automatic storage of past broadcasts.
- Open Twitch on your browser and sign in to your account.
- Click your avatar, which is located in the top-right corner of your screen.
- In the menu that appears, select Creator Dashboard.
- In the Creator Dashboard panel, go to the menu on the left side. Select Settings and then Stream from the drop-down menu.
- Now, all you need to do is enable the “Store past broadcasts” option, as shown in the image below.
After each stream, Twitch will save your broadcasts as a video. You can either download these videos to archive, reupload, or delete them by following these steps.
Method 2: Deleting Twitch Videos From A Tablet Or A Smartphone
Some Twitch users prefer accessing the platform using a smartphone or tablet. The steps required to delete a video are almost the same as on a Desktop, except there’s one slight adjustment you will need to make at the start.
After opening the website in a web browser on your mobile device, click the three vertical dots in the top-right corner. In the drop-down menu, select the Switch to Desktop Mode option.
By doing this, the steps for deleting Twitch videos will be the same as those on a Desktop, which you can find in Method #1.
That covers everything you should know about deleting Twitch videos, both on Desktop and Mobile Devices.
For more information, read the official VODs guide from Twitch. It contains answers to some of the most frequently asked questions and can be useful to you.
Twitch videos should not be confused with Twitch Clips. For more information on that topic, take a look at our helpful guide on how to properly delete Twitch clips.