If you have VODs enabled on Twitch, when one of your broadcasts ends, it will become available for replaying as a video a few minutes later.
This is very useful for fans and followers who couldn’t watch your live stream as it happened. It can also play a significant role in the overall growth of your channel.
However, live streams are unpredictable, and sometimes things happen during broadcasts that we are unhappy about later. When this occurs, you probably won’t want to preserve the moment on your channel. Fortunately, it’s easy to remove a video by deleting it.
To learn how to delete VODs on Twitch, read the guide below.
Table of ContentsShow
Method 1: Deleting VODs From A Browser (Desktop)
To delete Twitch videos from your channel, you first need to access the Video Producer panel. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Open Twitch in your browser and sign in to your account.
- In the top-right corner of your screen, click on your avatar and select Video Producer.
- You should now see a list of videos. If you want to close your channel and delete all videos at once, you can do so by clicking the three vertical dots to open the dropdown menu. See the image below for the different options.
- If you want to delete one video or a few, tick the box next to each one to select it. If there are many videos on your channel, you can also use the filter in the top-left corner and select a relevant category to narrow down your search.
- Once you have selected the videos you want to remove, use the Delete function to permanently erase the content from your channel.
Enabling Twitch VODs On Your Channel
If you’re wondering why there aren’t any VODs on your channel, it’s probably because you don’t have the “Store Past Broadcasts” option enabled in your account settings.
This option is off by default and many new Twitch users are unaware of it. By following the steps below, you can easily enable the automatic storage of past broadcasts.
- Open Twitch on your browser and sign in to your account.
- Click your avatar, which is located in the top-right corner of your screen.
- In the menu that appears, select Creator Dashboard.
- In the Creator Dashboard panel, go to the menu on the left side. Select Settings and then Stream from the dropdown menu.
- Now, all you need to do is enable the “Store past broadcasts” option, as shown in the image below.
After each stream, Twitch will save your broadcasts in the form of a video. You can either download these videos to archive or reupload them, or delete them by following the steps listed above.
Method 2: Deleting Twitch Videos From A Tablet Or A Smartphone
Some Twitch users prefer accessing the platform using a smartphone or tablet. The steps required to delete a video are largely the same as on a Desktop.
However, there is one slight adjustment you will need to make.
After opening the website in a web browser on your mobile device, click the three vertical dots in the top-right corner.
In the dropdown menu, select the Switch to Desktop Mode option. By doing this, the steps for deleting Twitch videos will be the same as those on a Desktop, which you can find in Method 1.
That covers deleting Twitch videos both on Desktop and Mobile Devices.
For more information about VODs, you can read the official guide from Twitch. It contains answers to some of the most frequently asked questions, and it might be very useful for you!
Twitch videos should not be confused with Twitch Clips. For more information on how to properly delete clips, we have a guide covering that topic in detail, so check it out!