The community aspect of Twitch is what makes it more than a regular online streaming platform. Chatting with fellow users, gifting subscriptions, and raiding are just some of the things you can do, and they make the Twitch experience far more personal.
All of this would be impossible without one key feature of Twitch: its username system.
Twitch requires that its users set unique nicknames. This means whenever you encounter someone on the platform, you can know who you’re interacting with.
This also makes streamers stand out from each other and means channels are more recognizable.
If you have had your username for a long time, you might be wondering how to change it. Find out in this guide.
Table of ContentsShow
Changing Your Twitch Username In A Few Easy Steps
If you want to change your Twitch name, following the steps below will help you do it in just a few minutes.
- Open Twitch on your preferred browser and sign in to your account.
- Click your avatar in the top-right corner of the screen. On the dropdown menu, select Settings to access the configuration panel.
- At the top of the Settings panel, select Profile, as shown in the image below.
- Scroll down slightly until you see the “Profile Settings” section. In the username field, click the edit icon shown in the image below.
- Enter a new username and confirm the change by clicking the Update button. As long as your new username doesn’t violate Twitch’s username policy, the change will immediately take effect.
You have now successfully changed your Twitch username. Your channel URL will also change, so be sure to inform your fans and followers if you already have a well-established Twitch channel.
Problems When Changing Your Twitch Username
Given how user-friendly Twitch is, changing your username shouldn’t be complicated. Users sometimes encounter errors when trying to do so, but this is usually because they’re unfamiliar with Twitch’s username policy.
If you’re encountering issues while trying to change your Twitch username, we have a guide dedicated to helping you, so be sure to check it out!