To have the best Twitch experience, you must sign up and make an account, which involves generating a special username.
If you have read one of our guides covering a very similar topic, you already know how to change your username and replace it with something else.
However, the lettering of your Twitch username is not the only thing that can make it visually interesting and appealing to others. Color also plays an important part.
Thankfully, Twitch allows you to change your username color in just a few clicks. This article is dedicated to showing you how to do exactly that.
Table of ContentsShow
Choosing A Color For Your Twitch Username
If you have been wondering how to change the color of your username on Twitch, don’t worry. The process is straightforward and easy to complete on your first attempt.
Simply follow the steps below, and you’ll be able to do it quickly.
- Open Twitch in your preferred browser and sign in to your account.
- Choose any stream from Twitch’s homepage, and wait until you are connected to the chat room.
- Once connected, click the Chat Identity icon located on the left side of the chatbox.
- A customization menu will appear on your screen. You can pick one of the preset Twitch name colors, or if you have Twitch Turbo, you can click on “More colors” and select your own in your account’s Settings Panel.
- Once you have selected your chosen color, click the Chat Identity button to exit the panel (or anywhere else on the stream other than the selection panel).
Now, all you need to do is wait a few minutes until Twitch’s servers register the change, and other users will be able to see your freshly-painted username in the chat.
Twitch chat often moves swiftly in packed rooms, so it can be hard to get your message noticed if your username is one of the more popular colors.
Fortunately, you now know how to change it to something more visually appealing and easily picked up by other users.