To get the most optimal experience on Twitch you need to sign up and create your own account, which includes coming up with a unique username.
If you’ve read one of our guides covering a very similar topic, you already know how to change your username and re-structure it into something else.
But, the structure of your Twitch username is not the only thing that makes it interesting and visually appealing to others. Color plays an important role as well.
Luckily, Twitch allows you to change the username color in just a few clicks, and this guide is dedicated to teaching you exactly how to do that.
Table of ContentsShow
Choosing A Color For Your Twitch Username
If you were wondering how to change the color of your name on Twitch, worry not, as the process is straightforward and easy to pick up on the first try.
Simply follow the steps below and you’ll get it done quickly.
- Open Twitch in your browser of choice and sign in to your account.
- Load up any stream from Twitch’s homepage, and wait until you connect to the chat room.
- Once connected, click on the Chat Identity icon located on the left side inside the chatbox.
- A customization menu will show up on your screen. You can pick one of the pre-made Twitch name colors, or if you have Twitch Turbo, you can click on “More colors” and create your own in your account’s Settings Panel.
- Once you select your color of choice, click on the Chat Identity button to exit the panel or anywhere else on the stream aside from the selection panel.
Now, all you have to do is wait a few minutes until Twitch’s servers pick up the change, and others will be able to see your freshly-painted username in the chat.
Twitch chat can often move quickly in crowded rooms, so getting your message noticed by others is unlikely if the color of your username is one of the more common ones.
Luckily, you now know how to change it into something visually appealing and easily picked up by the eye.