Discord, like any other messaging or communication application, comes with a set of standard emojis.
Believe it or not, but these little icons are very important in modern society and online communication. It makes it easier for people to express themselves and it helps lightens the mood.
Usually, these standard sets of emojis are more than enough to depict a certain thought or feeling, but if you want to make things a bit more comfortable for the members in your server, you can use Discord’s option to add custom emojis.
You can use this article as a guide to understand what exactly you need to do.
Adding Custom Emojis To Any Discord Server
Here’s what you need to do:
- While you have the server opened on Discord, head on over to the server logo on the left, right-click it, and select Server Settings
- On the left, you will see a bunch of different settings tabs. Select the Emoji tab
- In here, click on the blue Upload Emoji button on the top right
- Upload the image or animated GIF you want to use as an emoji
And that’s it, you have now successfully added an emoji on your Discord server.
To use the newly added emoji just head on over to any text channel, click on the emoji icon on the bottom right and select your Server as a category on the left. There you will find all of the images or animated gifs.
Remember, you can also use these new emojis as a reaction to messages.
But wait, here are a few more things you should know:
- The image/GIF must not be over 256Kb in size
- The name of the emoji must be at least 2 characters long
- The name cannot contain a space
- You can upload a maximum of 50 images and 50 animated GIFS
Now, with this information in mind, go ahead and start uploading all kinds of emojis you want on your server.