Discord, like many other messaging and communication applications, includes a set of standard emojis.
These little icons are a very important aspect of modern online communication. They make it much easier for people to express themselves and help readers better understand the tone of messages.
These standard emojis are usually sufficient to convey a particular thought or emotion. However, if you want to provide more options for the members of your server or add some extra individuality, you can use Discord’s option to add custom emojis.
This article provides a useful guide to help you understand how to add your emojis to Discord.
Table of ContentsShow
Adding Custom Emojis To A Discord Server
To add custom emojis to your Discord server, follow these steps:
- With your server open on Discord, find the server logo on the left, right-click it, and select Server Settings
- On the left, you will see numerous different settings tabs. Select the Emoji tab
- In the emoji menu, click the blue Upload Emoji button on the top right
- Upload the image or animated GIF you want to use as an emoji!
By following these steps, you should have successfully added an emoji to your Discord server. The process is very simple and can be repeated to add more emojis.
To use the newly added emoji, open any text channel in the server, click the emoji icon on the bottom right and select your server as a category on the left. This tab will show all of the available images and animated gifs you can choose from!
Remember, you can also use these custom emojis to react to messages on the server.
It’s important to note:
- The image/GIF must not exceed 256Kb in size.
- The emoji’s name must be at least 2 characters long
- The name cannot contain a space
- You can upload a maximum of 50 images and 50 animated GIFS.
With this information in mind, you can go ahead and begin uploading any emojis that you want on your server to personalize your Discord experience even more!