The control admins and owners have over their servers is what makes Discord such a good platform for communities or a place to gather with friends in general.
However, despite Discord’s user-friendly interface, it can be challenging to manage an entire server with many members, whether they number in the tens, the hundreds, or even the thousands.
In such servers, it’s recommended to have multiple mods or, even preferable, administrators.
If you are wondering how to grant admin privileges to Discord, this guide will explain that in detail.
Let’s establish the manager position first!
Table of ContentsShow
Creating The Admin Role
Before you can assign a user with an admin role, you’ll need to create it first.
Here’s how you can do that:
- While Discord is open, head over to Server Setting by clicking on the server name (top-left.)
- Open the Roles tab and then hit the blue Create Role button.
- Here we’ll need to assign permissions for the admin role. You can either choose the permissions yourself or just enable the Administrator permissions. So, click on the Permissions tab, scroll down all the way to the bottom and enable Administrator.
- Before you save the changes, you can also give it a name, a color, or other customizations.
Assigning The Role
With the position prepared, let’s assign it to the appropriate individual.
- While in Server Settings, head over to the Members tab.
- In this list of members, find your future server admin. You can use the search bar to find the right user quickly.
- Click on the plus icon and select the newly created role.
Congratulations! You now have an admin to help you with managing the server.
Please keep in mind that this user will now be authorized to perform various tasks, such as deleting messages and banning users. Therefore, it is crucial to carefully choose the appropriate individual. Also, note that even though you have control over the server, an administrator still possesses the ability to cause harm.
If you don’t feel at ease granting this level of authority to a single user, think about including moderation bots to your server.