Discord is the current number one Internet VoIP platform, and no competitors can change that (for now). The competition has a lot to do until they reach the level of quality Discord has offered its users. And all of that for free.
However, even Discord doesn’t always work flawlessly. Sometimes, Discord has issues with their servers which can cause you to not hear your friends, random disconnects, stuttering, etc.
One way you can fix that is by changing the location in Discord.
If you’re wondering how to change your Discord server location, this guide is for you. We’ll also cover some other things like changing the time.
Let’s get right to it!
Table of ContentsShow
Changing Discord Voice Region/Location
In past versions, Discord owners could change the entire server’s location, usually to improve the communication quality in voice channels. But, this can be a problem if you have server members all across the globe.
For example, if you set the channel location to the USA, people from Asia may have trouble connecting.
Fortunately, Discord changed how this setting works; location can now be changed per voice channel. So you can have 13 different voice channels, all set in a different region. You can choose between Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Rotterdam, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Sydney, and the US, split into 4 regions.
Here are the necessary steps to change a voice channel’s location:
- Open Discord.
- Hover over any voice channel you’d like to edit and click on the cogwheel icon.
- In the Overview tab, scroll down a bit until you see Region Override.
- Click it and select the region that’s closest to you.
Note: If you’re not running a large community server, it’s probably best to leave the Region Override on Automatic.
How To Change Time On Discord
If you’ve mistakenly set your computer’s location to a different one than you are currently in, that can affect the timestamps of Discord messages.
To fix this, you will need to change your time and location on the computer.
Follow these steps to do that:
- Open Windows Start Menu.
- Search “date and time” and select the first result. It should look like this:
- In the Date and Time tab, enable Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically.
- This should fix your location/time-related issues. If this does not work, you can set it up manually.
- Disable the two options you just activated, click Change under set the date and time manually, check your phone for the correct time, and input that.
- Select a Time zone in the drop-down menu.
Now go back to Discord, and the time-related issues should be resolved.
If the problem persists, go back to the Date and Time settings and head into the Region tab. In here, you should select your country.
And you’re done!
You’ve successfully changed to the correct date, time, and location on your computer, which means that future messages on Discord will display the correct time too.