On a Discord server with hundreds or even thousands of users, it’s inevitable that somebody will eventually break the rules. When this occurs, the punishment is often a temporary or permanent ban from the server.
On the other hand, it isn’t uncommon for an admin to make a mistake and accidentally ban the wrong person. Naturally, as an admin, you will want to reverse this mistake and unban the user.
This guide will explain exactly how you can unban users on Discord.
Let’s get started!
Table of ContentsShow
Unbanning A User
Unbanning a user via a Discord server’s settings is actually quite simple. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open Discord and enter your server.
- Once in the server, click the server name (top-left corner).
- From the dropdown menu, click Server Settings.
- In the left-side panel, find and open the Bans tab.
- This is where you will find a list of all the users banned from your server. Make sure you select the right user by checking their ID number. You can also use the search function.
- Finally, click Revoke Ban.
That’s all you need to do. The selected user has now been unbanned!
Unbanning Discord Users With A Bot
As with all moderation-related tasks on Discord, you can use a bot to make the process of unbanning users a little bit easier.
We recommend only using a bot if you have to unban a lot of users at the same time. Otherwise, you should do it manually.
!unban (member name)
Just make sure to use the correct prefix and the right member name.
Alternatively, you can use ProBot to unban all members on your server. Unfortunately, this feature is only available under the ProBot premium subscription.