Nightbot is the leading choice for both world-class entertainers and Twitch beginners. Even so, channel owners sometimes decide to take a break from using it or to remove it from their channels permanently.
Whether you make this decision because you want to try a different product or you’re just re-adding the bot for troubleshooting purposes, you will first need to know how to “detach” it from your channel.
We also have a helpful guide on how to add Nightbot to your Twitch channel, where we mention all the benefits of Nightbot. This guide will focus on the opposite, which is removing Nightbot.
Let’s get started right away!
Table of ContentsShow
How To Disable Nightbot
Thankfully, Nightbot’s developers were thoughtful of the user experience while developing their product. As a result, removing it from your channel is just as simple as adding it.
There are two different ways to disable Nightbot on Twitch, and each of them requires just a couple of minutes of your time.
Disabling Nightbot Via A Chat Command
To turn off Nightbot on your Twitch channel by using a basic chat command, just follow the steps below:
- Open Twitch in your preferred browser and sign in to your account.
- In your chat room, type in !nightbot remove and send the message.
Nightbot will now stop working on your channel.
Note: Some users have also reported success when typing in different commands. If the one listed above doesn’t work for you, try these instead: !nightbot leave or !nightbot part, and you should be able to remove the bot from your channel successfully.
Disabling Nightbot From The Website
Another way to remove Nightbot from your channel is by using the official website. Follow the steps below to do it:
- Open Nightbot’s official website and sign in with your Twitch account.
Note: You need to sign in using the same Twitch account you previously connected to the bot.
- Navigate to Nightbot’s dashboard and click the Part Channel button.
You have now successfully deactivated Nightbot from your Twitch channel. However, your Twitch account is still a part of Nightbot’s database, so if you ever want to re-add it to your channel, it’s simple to do so.
If you want to disable your Nightbot account permanently, the process is slightly different:
- Open Nightbot’s website, navigate to the account panel, and click on security.
- Type in the phrase required to delete your account. Confirm your decision to finalize the process.
Note: The phrase is case sensitive and needs to be correctly typed word-for-word, including the spaces in between.
Things To Keep In Mind When Removing Nightbot
If you have decided to remove Nightbot from your Twitch channel, you should consider the following things:
- You can always re-add the bot following the steps in our guide.
- Until you re-implement Nightbot, your chat will remain unmoderated unless you have human moderators keeping it civil and friendly.
- Your custom commands will be disabled but not lost if you only deactivated the bot and didn’t delete your Nightbot account.
- Your viewers might be confused about why specific channel commands suddenly no longer work, so it’s a good idea to do this while your stream is offline or to post an announcement.
- You can have multiple Twitch bots active on your channel simultaneously. For example, you don’t have to disable Nightbot to use Moobot.
Keep in mind that an unmonitored chat might lead to your channel conflicting with Twitch’s community guidelines, so it’s always a good idea to have someone to keep an eye on it while you’re streaming.
If you don’t like Nightbot, there are numerous other options available on the market.
You now know how to remove Nightbot from your Twitch channel using two simple methods.
Some users reported problems when attempting to remove Nightbot from their channels. If you experience this, consider contacting the support team or reaching out on the forums for further guidance, as the problem is usually on their end.