Managing a server with numerous members can be enjoyable, but it can also be complex particularly if you’re watching over tens of thousands of users. It can rapidly seem like a constant employment!
If you can’t commit the necessary time to your Discord server, you could transfer its ownership to someone in a better position to continue its growth. If you want to know how to do this, we’ve got you covered!
Here is a short guide on the necessary steps to transfer ownership of a Discord server:
Table of ContentsShow
Transferring Server Ownership To A User
- Open Discord, right-click your server icon, and select Server Settings
- Under User Management, select Members
- Scroll until you find the member you want to transfer ownership to or use the search function
- Select the user, expand the menu by clicking on the three dots, then click Transfer Ownership
- This will open a prompt to confirm your decision. If you confirm, ownership of your Discord server will be transferred to your chosen successor.
That’s everything you need to do.
You are not the server owner anymore. Think about your decision carefully because there is no method to undo this action. After the transfer of ownership, it will stay that way indefinitely unless the user returns ownership to you.