Ubisoft is one of the world’s leading video game companies, with several development studios around the globe.
The company has a platform called Ubisoft Connect (formerly known as uPlay), where users can purchase, store, update and play games.
To play a game on the Ubisoft Connect platform, your PC first needs to connect to Ubisoft services, which can sometimes fail.
The “A Ubisoft service is currently unavailable” error has troubled many users, but we have provided the solutions in this guide.
Table of ContentsShow
The Problem Explained
Ubisoft Connect users have reported an error occurring when their system tries to connect to the Ubisoft servers.
If this occurs, it is possible to continue in offline mode, but this doesn’t help if you want to play a game’s multiplayer or co-op modes.
Users shared their complaints on the official Ubisoft forums and threads across other popular platforms such as Reddit.
It took a while for a solution to be found and shared with the public. Even then, only a limited number of people stumbled across it. You won’t have to worry about that anymore, as we will share the answers in the guide below.
Let’s take a look at the solutions that are confirmed to help.
Fix 1: Temporarily Disable IPv6
A Ubisoft Support Staff member shared this solution, and many users have found it helpful.
Follow the steps below to apply it:
Note: Before beginning, we recommend updating your Windows to the latest version. If there are no updates available, you can move on to the first step.
- In the bottom-right corner of your screen, right-click the network icon and select Open Network & Internet settings.
- From the panel that appears, select Network and Sharing Center, as shown in the image below.
- Click Change adapter settings in the top-left corner of the panel. This will open a window where you need to select your network adapter.
- Find your adapter and right-click it. From the menu that appears, select Properties, which is the last option on the list.
- Disable the Internet Protocol Version 6 option by unticking the box next to it. Save your changes by clicking OK at the bottom of the window.
You should now be able to connect to the Ubisoft service and play your games as intended. You can re-enable the setting after logging in and launching your game.
The above image represents a comment taken from an official Ubisoft Staff Support Member. You can find the original forum post here.
Fix 2: Change Your DNS Settings
This method has also been reported to fix the issue. The steps are very similar to those you previously used to disable IPv6.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Follow the first four steps from the previous method. When you open the panel where you de-selected the IPv6 option, continue on to the next step instead.
- Instead of disabling the IPv6 option as you did in the previous method, click on it and select Properties to access the window where you will change the DNS settings.
- Set your DNS server addresses to match the ones shown in the image below. Confirm the change by clicking OK at the bottom of the panel.
You should now be able to access the service with no further issues. For the majority of users, this solution was sufficient, but others have reported that they needed to restart their router for it to take effect.
Restarting your router includes powering off the device and then turning it back on. If you are unsure how to do this, read the next section.
Fix 3: Restart Your Router
Restarting your router is easy and resets a few settings, so it often solves issues such as the one with Ubisoft’s services.
The simplest way to restart your router is to press the power button on the device, then wait five minutes and press it again to restore power.
This useful guide explains the process in very user-friendly terms, so it can help if you’re unsure about how to reset your router.
You now know how to overcome the Ubisoft service unavailable problem, so you can apply these solutions and play your games without further issues.
If none of the solutions help, which is uncommon, don’t hesitate to contact Ubisoft’s Support Team for further assistance.